Sunday, November 23, 2014



“All or Nothing at All”.
     The song “All or Nothing at All” recorded by Frank Sinatra was released for the first time in 1939, but the real success just came in the rerecord in 1940, when Sinatra already had a famous career. This song has a beautiful lyrics that talk about love. “It's a very simple story. It's a lover who's saying `half a love never appealed to me. If you can't give it all to me, I don't want it. I can't accept less.' ‘All or nothing at all, give me all of your love or give me nothing,' you know, I think that hit a very emotional thing." said Zarroli.

     In 1939 the United States governed by President Roosevelt was recovering from the Great Depression while the World War II was beginning. At that time, Albert Einstein and Leo Szilard were helping the U.S. in the development of the first atomic bomb called Manhattan Project. 1939 was a dark year in the world history, because it marks the beginning of one of the worst period of our society, many people were killed during that year and in the follow year. That is a great contradiction, while Frank Sinatra’s song talks about a true love, countries are wasting their money to develop mass destruction weapons. The mankind has marvelous creation as songs like “All or Nothing at All”, however, the fight to get power is interrupting our development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment